Exp: 10+ years
• Clients IT Program require a Software Architect to take technical ownership of Python applications and drive it forward on Development, Integration, Deployment, Automation, Maintenance, Performance, Security, Architecture best practices etc.
• Work with multiple projects/teams on problems that require broad architectural thinking, technical design of systems and services
• Explore benefits of cross- project alignment, provide mentoring within teams and provide leadership to other architect in the team Technical architect needs following specific technical skills, essential skills and some desirable skills.
Each skill has one of 4 skill levels associated with it Expert/Proficient/ Practitioner/Awareness SKILL CATEGORY
1: Turning business problems into technical design
DESCRIPTION: The ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs. Create an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organizational objectives. SKILL LEVEL: Expert WHAT THE SKILL LEVEL MEANS:
• Designs systems characterized by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity SKILL CATEGORY
2: Bridging the gap between the technical and non- technical DESCRIPTION: Translates technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all. SKILL LEVEL: Expert WHAT THE SKILL LEVEL MEANS:
• Able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels SKILL CATEGORY
3: Making and guiding decisions
Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. The ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk. SKILL LEVEL: Practitioner WHAT THE SKILL LEVEL MEANS:
• Able to make decisions characterized by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk
• Able to build consensus between services or independent stakeholders SKILL CATEGORY
4: Understanding the whole context
DESCRIPTION: The ability to look beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications.
Zooming out in three dimensions- knowing relevant historical context and future impact, understanding how current work fits in broader contexts and strategies and looking for deeper underlying problems and opportunities SKILL LEVEL: Practitioner WHAT THE SKILL LEVEL MEANS:
• Able to understand trends and practices within the broader organizations and how these will impact their work
• Able to look for deeper underlying problems and opportunities. Can anticipate problems before they occur and identify the impact of change policy Technology skills – Mandatory
• Strong understanding of Agile (SCRUM / KANBAN) and DevOps process management methodology.
• Expertise in Python programming with strong understanding of writing server-side web application logic and with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
• Strong Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, multi-process architecture, event-driven programming concepts in Python.
• Strong Knowledge and experience in RF, PyTest and PyUnit frameworks.
• Mongo DB.
• Strong experience with development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, etc.
• Strong technical skills on Microsoft Azure cloud framework.
• Experience in cloud-based infrastructure. Able to set up CI/Cd pipelines and maintain cloud applications Personal Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills • Strong trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product Quality and effectiveness.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements.
• Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies TRAVEL: Ready to travel to Europe (if required, ~10%) PREFERED CANDIDATES
• BE Computer Science/ M.Sc/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with 3-7 years overall Architect experience.
• Self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality
• At ease with distant communications leveraging a wide array of technologies (shared code, document portal, phone, chat, e-mail)
• International work experience will be a plus