The Front-End Web Developer will work closely with the Manager of Web Development and various cross functional representatives to support the delivery of partner websites, including enhancements, redesigns, A/B Tests, maintenance, bug fixes and more. The Front-End Web Developer will be responsible for implementing new functionality to existing websites as well as new site builds.
Suitable candidates will have demonstrated real world experience building well-designed responsive websites that work with all major browsers and devices. Additionally, the Front-End Web Developer will be collaborating with the rest of the web development team to eliminate technical debt and improve the efficacy of the platform that powers our Drupal websites.
Be Bold and Do Meaningful Work
It takes many skills to design and deliver the most career-relevant online programs with the worlds leading universities. If you’re looking to use your unique set of skills to make a difference, we are always on the lookout for diverse motivated individuals.
- Work with marketing teams and designers to build easy-to-use, high-performance websites in Drupal 8
- Write and implement responsive CSS supported by all major browsers and devices
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including estimation, development and deployment
- Improve and update existing Drupal websites
- Communicate project status and timelines to business stakeholders
- Review and respond to operational issues, escalating as necessary
- Work with the rest of the web development team to implement strategic improvements
- Participate in code reviews and give feedback to other developers
Education: BS/BA Degree in computer science, industry certifications or equivalent experience
Three years’ experience in the following technologies is required:
- Candidate should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven analytical and interpersonal skill, and have proficiency in using Microsoft office applications.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities, capable of learning new technologies quickly
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively translate business requirements into actionable tickets
- Ability to translate mockups (PSDs, Zeplin, etc) to functional, valid HTML 5 / CSS RWD code
- Experience working with a CMS like Drupal or WordPress
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug technical issues with a multitude of 3rd party integrations
Special Requirements Specific to Job:
- Think logically and be able to articulate thoughts in a clear, concise manner.
- Comfortably work on a project both individually and as part of a group (SEO, PPC, QA, designers, content-writers, marketing managers, etc.)
- Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion.
- Quickly learn and adapt when dealing with unfamiliar systems and applications.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with business partners and co-workers.
- Commit to meeting deadlines and complete work in a timely manner.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done, including occasional overtime.
- Display exceptional follow-through, personal drive and the desire to make a difference. Keep in mind future state when developing solutions to problems presented
- Willingness to learn and implement new concepts within Drupal 8 and web development in general
- Experience developing sites in Drupal
- Experience with Twig templating system
- Experience with Atomic Design / Reusable components
- Experience with CSS3 / Animations
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Bootstrap