6 months – potential Right to hire
Join our client as a UI/UX Designer for a 6 month contract position. In this role you will facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products. Translate concepts into user flows, wire frames, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences. This role is an equal blend of UI and UX. Client has branding guides from Corporate that will help with UI, but still need a person to wireframe, as well as provide UX expertise.
- Rapid prototyping/Wire framing
- Web design
- Material iO
- Bootstrap CSS
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
Collaborate with stakeholders on software requirements.
Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
Assist with marketing/print material & branding for client products.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, and the Adobe Suite.
- Rapid prototyping and wireframing.
- Mobile and Web design.
- Material IO, iOS native app design, and bootstrap CSS.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a team including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Hands-on mastery of interaction design deliverables including concept diagrams, wireframes, prototypes (low/high fidelity).
- Developing wireframes, prototypes, and designs around customer needs.
- Communicating ideas to key stakeholders and the wider team.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have conflict management to deal with all the various clients and colleagues at work.
- Work with other people in an efficient and productive manner.
- Understand the dynamics of running a business.
Other Position Parameter:
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently.
- Ability to give effective feedback.
- Work closely with other members of the department, Product owners, Content creators, Designers and Developers.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 3 - 5 years
- Supervisory: None
Education and Credentials
- Required: Associate/Technical Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree