Experienced system integration engineer/consultant with experience deploying COTS products including design, implementation, deployment, and configuration of technical applications and software products and supporting infrastructure. This includes hands-on experience configuring EC2 instances, databases, and applications for product integration and communication across a tier application architecture through configuration of ports, permissions, command line execution, etc. Resource must have Linux skills and experience working in Linux environments. Experience with Chef configuration management software and chef based installations is also needed. Resource should be able to translate vendor configuration/install guides into design/build requirements. Resource will build configuration, installation, and deployment guide to support product deployment and sustained Operations and Maintenance activities. Other nice to have skills/experience are AWS cloud infrastructure experience, Cloud Security, DevOps, Java skills. Strong written and communication skills required.
Additional Description Information:
Carries out complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within commercial cloud environments. Implements and troubleshoots cloud-based systems to protect the integrity and availability of infrastructure. Collaborates with cross-functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients. Participates in the system and storage design and implements configurations to meet program and customer needs.
* Provides direct support to cloud operational environments on a day-to-day basis including the software installation, configuration, upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance as required.
* Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
* Conducts complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Monitors, diagnoses, and resolves complex problems and performs analysis in relation to cloud operations in the cloud environment.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision while adhering to proper escalation and change control procedures.
* Performs high-level incident response and assures services resolution for cloud systems.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant cloud systems documentation and user guides.
* Secures Cloud applications and data against theft, loss, or other disasters.
* Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
* Monitors status and performance of backup and/or storage systems and configures monitoring systems.
* Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, Pre-production, test, and development environment problems quickly.
* Interacts with external technology vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions.
* Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT administrative related tasks.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field.
Practitioner level cloud certification such as: AWS-CCP (AWS) and MTA (MS Azure) and/or Professional Cloud Architect preferred.
7-10 years of experience working with infrastructures and 4-6 years of experience with vendor cloud platforms.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Practical knowledge of Identity Access Management and Shared Security responsibilities.
* Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server (Linux environments), backup and/or storage solutions within the cloud construct.
* Broad application of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the cloud construct.
* Enhanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks.
* Extensive knowledge of Service Provider and/or Cloud providers.
* Strong cloud command line scripting skills.
* Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
* Outstanding communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
* Vast knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.