This position is for a SQL Database Designer/back-end developer with Transnational system development, ETL, and Analytical Reporting experience - please read the skills section and entire description for more detail. The successful candidate will spend a good part of their time working with the Systems that support Child Care, Child Welfare, Medicaid, TANF, and SNAP Systems and expected to work in concert with Front End developer(s) troubleshooting system problem reports and processing enhancement requests. This role will primarily focus on backend development with MS SQL Server including SSIS and SSRS development. While working on system enhancements the successful candidate is expected to propose, design, and develop solutions in concert with the front-end developer(s) to fulfill the business requirements and be able to update and troubleshoot ASP.NET
applications including the front-end UI code. Experience with MVC highly preferred. The contractor is expected to follow standard practices for migrating changes to the test and production environments and provide post-postproduction support. When not working on enhancement requests or problem reports, the contractor would concentrate on performance tuning.
This person needs to be a self-starter who can work well with a team or autonomously if needed.
• Assist in designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting databases.
• Assist in converting existing Legacy applications to newer technologies
• Assist in integrating in-house applications with enterprise third party solutions.
• Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
• Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries using SQL server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016.
• Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
• Develop and maintain efficient, well documented custom SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers using Microsoft T-SQL in accordance with defined business rules and requirements to support application development
• Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans. Recommend query and index improvements in application to increase performance.
• Thoroughly test all approved application and database code additions and changes prior to implementing to staging. Request approval from users prior to implementing any additions or changes to the production environment.
• Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
• Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage changes to code.
• Participate in requirement analysis discussions and come up with efficient technical solution
• Develop new and maintain existing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Build and Deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
• Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity.
• Experience in creating database migration scripts by using schema and data compare tools.
• Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS
• Experience in creating reports using SSRS
• Write efficient, consistent and testable code
• Proficiency with using Visual Studio 2012,2015 & 2017
• Ability to understand and analyze the business requirements and come up with efficient technical solution
• Experience in using LINQ
• Being able work with minimal requirements and improve the functionality as requirements are refined
• Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services is nice to have
• Experience in using Power BI