this position is remote for now-- until offices fully re open - there maybe an occasional visit to the office until it is fully opened - have to be somewhat local to Mendota
up to 110K salary with a 10% yearly bonus
Job title SQL Developer
Main Purpose of Job
Our client is a Financial Technology provider. In the US, provides services to many of the best known brands in the U.S. and the U.K., covering 15% of the NYSE and 70% of the FTSE 100.
Our client is a leading provider of complex administration and payments solutions we have a track record of enabling our clients to improve the effectiveness and performance of their businesses through the critical thinking, expertise, technology, complex administration and payment services we provide.
Our services are delivered by over 5,000 employees worldwide. This enables us to offer solutions that are flexible, adaptable and scalable. Our services benefit 30 million people worldwide.
This role is based in Mendota Heights (Minneapolis), however, project work may require occasional short visits to other sites globally.
There is also a requirement for the successful applicant to participate in an on-call out of hours 24 x 7 shift rota.
The Data Solutions team deliver specialist SQL Server solutions and processes to enable business and client requirements, as well as development of database solutions as part of wider application deliveries.
The core activities of the IT Data Solutions team are:
• Design and develop SQL solutions to support performant and scalable data transformations and transfers of Data from other parties
• Design and Develop Power BI/SSRS reports and dashboard within a central framework/architecture
• Develop complex, performant and scalable SQL deliverables as part of a wider application delivery project
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Review and translate requirements, ensuring sufficient information is provided to enable successful delivery
• Provide estimates for requested pieces of work
• Support and input into implementation plans for application deliveries and data transformations/transfers
• Ensure SQL developments are undertaken in-line with defined processes, to schedule and budget
• Ensure SQL developments adhere to stated non-functional requirements and are fully Unit Tested
• Carry out internal data transfers between systems, as well as transfers from external providers to enable activities such as new business wins
• Provide regular progress updates to IT Project Managers
• Provide progress updates and appropriate escalations to IT Service Management for any IT Service issues
• Produce documentation required to enable IT support teams to support the solution successfully going forward
• Out of hours support of applications/solutions may be required
• Develop standard, generic processes for reuse in future solutions
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
• Experience and proven track record of successfully delivering SQL (2016 and later) and Power BI/SQL Reporting (2016 and later) solutions to schedule and budget
• Strong T-SQL, experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, UDF’s and CLR’s
• Database design, modelling, projects and deployment processes
• Experience of Visual Studio Inc. Team Foundation Server for Source Control and Bug Tracking
• Experience working with both onshore and offshore remote teams
• Experienced in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
• Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues
• Experience working and delivering as part of projects and/or IT releases
• The ability to identify and manage risks, issues and actions related to project/release deliveries and/or IT services.
• Understanding of Design, Build & Testing approaches and strategies
• Experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning and maintenance of database solutions
• Experience of SSIS, Data Warehousing (Star / Snowflake Schema / DAX), automated TFS Build and Deployment, Powershell an advantage
• Commitment to excellence in customer service
• Focused on the detail but capable of being flexible when competing deadlines/projects require it.