My name is Gaurav and I'm a Technical Recruiter at First Tek. We are currently sourcing for candidate with the following skill. Kindly forward your resume if interested, do share with your friends and colleagues as well.
Job Title: SQL DBA
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Duration: 6 month contract to hire (Right to hire)
- Responsible for the architecture, development, and maintenance of Database solutions by performing the following duties.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with application development to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise - ensures that all databases run at optimal performance
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues
- Ensure that industry wide security standards are properly implemented
- Develop and optimize complex t-sql and PL/SQL code
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design
- Design and develop SQL code; ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests; Catalog Cut Overs, DBMS upgrades, etc.)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (senior level skills required unless noted otherwise):
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in data integration/data movement/database administration preferred.
- RDBMS: SQL Server 2012 - 2019; basic Oracle 12c-19c basic Oracle RAC, basic DB2 LUW 11.5 (purescale)
- T-SQL; PL/SQL (development, troubleshooting and optimization)
- ETL: SSIS (development, troubleshooting and optimization)
- Reporting: SSRS (development, troubleshooting and optimization)
- SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target)
- OLTP performance troubleshooting (all RDBMS' listed above)
- RDBMS installation and configuration (all RDBMS' listed above)
- RDBMS upgrade/patching (all RDBMS' listed above)
- OS: Windows 2012 - 2016; RHEL 6.5-7.5; AIX (at a level required to support RDBMS)
- HADR features in SQL Server - WSFC - Windows Server Failover Clustering / AlwaysOn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of senior DBAs
- Willingness to work on site in a business professional environment, except for after hour on call activities
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- DBMS: DB2 on iSeries (as400), MySQL, Cassandra (DataStax), Elastic Search
- Data Modeling (physical/logical) - ErWin (basic)
- Attunity Replicate
- Syncsort Mimix Share
- Stibo STEP API
Gaurav Upadhyay| Technical Recruiter| First Tek, Inc.
Phone:| Ext: 507
WE’VE MOVED. PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS.
371 Hoes Lane, Suite 201, Piscataway, NJ 08854
50 Innovative Companies to Watch, Silicon Review 2019
50 Best Workplaces of the Year, Silicon Review 2019
America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms, Forbes 2018
10 Most Admired Companies, CEO Views 2018
30 Great Places to Work, CIO Bulletin 2018
50 Most Trustworthy Companies, Silicon Review 2018
Inc 500, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Fast 500, and NJ’s Finest Winner