New role with State of SC.
Duration : 12-18 Months
Remote : ONSITE
Rate : 80
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Department of Social Services has a large Relational Database Management Systems’ (RDBMS) environment consisting of approximately 1,026 databases (498 production). This request is for a senior-level database administrator position to lead lead the security, availability, maintenance, and support of this environment.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will lead the security, availability, maintenance, and support of our SQL environment.
• Monitors our SQL environment to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Work collaboratively to meet team goals/mission.
• Exercises considerable latitude, discretion, and independent judgment in determining technical objectives of assignments.
• Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
• Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database, procedures, and functions that accommodate changing business priorities and technological changes while providing availability, scalability, performance, recoverability, reliability, and security.
• Acts as liaison for SQL Server DB security, performance, integration, migration, upgrade, storage, support, and replication strategies.
• Interacts with project management and Agile development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and database development objectives.
• Documents, tracks, and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Routine operation maintenance including installations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, and auditing.
• Ensures standards are met and procedures are followed.
• Manage and prioritize multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously.
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
• Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please see required skills below for full list:
Database Administration Expert 6+ Years
Backup/Recovery Expert 6+ Years
Performance Tuning Expert 6+ Years
RDBMS Expert 6+ Years
SQL Server Expert 6+ Years
T-SQL Expert 6+ Years
Failover Clusters Expert 4-6 Years
High-Availability Expert 4-6 Years
DMVs Expert 4-6 Years
SSIS Services Expert 2-4 Years
SSRS Expert 2-4 Years
Profiler Expert 4-6 Years
SQL Tuning Expert 2-4 Years
Database planning, scaling, and capacity planning Expert 2-4 Years
SQL Server 2008R2 Expert 4-6 Years
SQL Server 2012 Expert 4-6 Years
SQL Server 2014 Expert 2-4 Years
SQL Server 2016 Expert 2-4 Years
ETL Advanced 2-4 Years
SSAS Advanced 2-4 Years
Verbal Communication Advanced 4-6 Years
Written Communication Intermediate 2-4 Years
PowerShell Intermediate 1-2 Years
RedGate Toolset Intermediate 2-4 Years
SDLC Advanced 2-4 Years