CBTS is seeking an SQL DBA for a full time position located in Cincinnati, OH.
Position Summary Responsible for installation, configuring and support of all SQL DB servers. Provide strategic and tactical input for the planning and recommend improvements to all DB systems. Provides ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and upgrades to all DB systems.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain SQL DB Server Software
- Help define backup process as well as monitor and test backup process to ensure DBs are backed up and can be recovered
- Create accounts and grant access at the DB level.
- Proficient with running SQL scripts for patching operations.
- Monitor and test DB performance for potential bottlenecks, identify issues with solutions, and work with co-workers and/or outside resource to implement fixes.
- Identify areas to automate processes and tasks
- Scheduling jobs and automating SQL scripts
- Assist in the defining and setup of a disaster recovery solution for all DB servers.
- Recommending database improvements and advise on DB capacity and scalability
- Schedule and perform regular maintenance and upgrades on DB servers.
- Continuously research and adopt new technologies, and software
- Coordinate changes with DB systems
- Respond to database problems and escalations
- Provide timely responses to emails, phone calls, IMs, SMS messages, and other general communication from peers, users, and management
- Share knowledge and solutions learned with team members and management through informal sessions, brown-bag presentations, and written knowledge DB
- Help define and document processes and procedures
- 5-7 years of SQL DBA experience
- Proficient at Database High Availability Technology such as Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, AO, Replication
- Experienced with Database Encryption such as Column Level, TDE ,or Format Preserving
- Experience with DB Performance Tuning/Benchmarking/Trending
- Perform Database Capacity Planning
Click here to Apply(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.