Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
The primary role of the Data architect is to lead the strategy and implementation for the Data Architecture components of the solution by taking into consideration the clients business case, objectives, requirements, and constraints, utilizing the technology value system as the foundation for solution development. The technical domain of the data architect includes conceptual, logical and physical data flows, modeling, data standards, best practices, tools and technologies, data security and privacy, data store and/or database architecture, design, development, capacity planning, performance, and administration.
- Viewed as the trusted advisor to lead analysis of the data architecture environment, assess current state, identify future state, conduct gap analysis, and recommend prioritization from a data architecture perspective.
- Collaborates with others to align the data pipeline, ingest, transformation, processing and output architecture to the business case and the overall solution architecture.
- Take into consideration the technology value system (performance, scalability, reliability, operability, flexibility, affordability, security and auditability) when reviewing the high-level business and technical objectives and requirements for the solution.
- Identify data architecture design alternatives based on clients objective and budget
- Ability to influence the client and help the client appreciate the trade-offs in data design solutions
- Ensure that the new data architecture solutions integrate with the legacy environment.
- Assess the readiness of the data modeling and database environments (including the systems, tools, technologies, processes, and resource requirements) to implement the architecture.
- Selects appropriate tools, techniques, and resources related to the data architecture components of the solution.
- Define and estimate project proposals, builds the data architecture technical component of the SOW and maintains the data architecture technical component of project plans.
- Responsible for identifying data architecture technical risks, communicating those risks and recommending solutions that mitigate the risk to the client.
- Determine technology functional integration.
- Review existing architecture documents. Prototype architecture components.
- Completes the data architecture documentation for the project; Sets or enforces data standards and architecture for the project.
- Drives consensus around the data architecture components of the solution vision and roadmap to business and technologists.
- Guides the design and implementation of the data architecture solution from a technical perspective.
- Oversees QA functions for the data architecture solution, including ensuring that system and integration test plans are developed and executed.
- Oversees other technical deliverable artifacts needed for data architecture components of the project implementation.
- Conducts knowledge transfer to the client.
- Assesses client requirements and develops solution architectures to solve customer objectives in a data environment
- Meets directly with client's business users to identify project objectives and business requirements; and with client's IT users to identify technical requirements
- Works within overall project plan and schedule
- Provides feedback to customers and creates structured documentation, including specifications and weekly status reports
- Advises client on configuration and implementation options based on best practices
- Participates in the business requirements gathering process for client customizations
- Leads/Supports solution customization, implementation, testing, and deployment. Oversees client user acceptance testing
- Acts as a technical mentor for clients in transferring solution critical knowledge
- Ensures that all implementation methodology deliverables are complete and timely
- Generates timely project status, including time and expense reports as requested by leadership
ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and delivering advanced data solutions -open source streaming, Hadoop, etc.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience architecting and delivering Data Management, BI/EDW solutions
- A technical degree in computer science or engineering
- Previous experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience with Hadoop frameworks as well as associated open source tools (MapReduce, Impala etc.)
- Experience with database technology
- Experience with performance tuning, systems management, backup/recovery/disaster recovery scenarios
Professional Consulting and Business Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proposal writing
- Solution architecture development and ability to scope projects
- Time management skills in a dynamic sales and delivery environment
- Field consulting or professional services delivery experience