Database Administration Senior Advisor
- Builds databases in AWS, with specific focus on Amazon RDS for SQL Server.
- Works with project teams to develop database strategies to support company needs.
- Responsible for designing and deploying SQL Server databases to AWS
- Participation in the design, creation, and maintenance of SQL databases.
- Migrates databases from on-premises data centers to the public cloud.
- Provisions database security for users in AWS using Identity & Access Management (IAM) techniques.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Consults with and advises users on access to and performance of various databases.
- Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Responsible for all aspects of database administration for SQL Server databases including problem solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for large and / or complex projects with an emphasis in operation excellence and continuous improvement of database related processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of data available and database performance.
- Tunes and optimizes SQL Statements, Instance Parameters, and Data Storage, including the identification of performance related issues.
- Administers SQL Server databases in AWS.
- Experience SQL Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Experience with other AWS database technologies, especially Aurora.
- Experience designing and deploying SQL Server backup strategies.
- Performance testing, SQL Server security, SQL Server Integration Services.
- Use of Terraform for defining and deploying cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 8 years of SQL database experience.
- 2 years of experience supporting Amazon RDS for SQL Server.
- Experience with cloud data migration technologies (AWS Data Migration Service, AWS Glue).
- Deep understanding of T-SQL language.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management designs (IAM) in AWS.
- Experience with HA, replication & mirroring.
- Able to describe AWS database choices to project teams, including the capabilities of different platforms (such as IaaS vs. PaaS) and DBMS platforms (such as SQL Server versus Aurora).
- Experience with query tuning, performance tuning, and database design.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases.
- Automation Skills: PowerShell, Ansible.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
For more information please contact Karen Schur ator
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.