Primary Location: 510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215571
RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise "Flex Pod" cloud stack.
The Network Engineers role is to ensure that RapidScale/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project management team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance.
The Network Engineer will work as part of a team that provides design, architecture, and migration planning for new customer projects. The role is responsible for leading all the technical efforts to successfully migrate a new customer into the RapidScale platform. The Network Engineer will be responsible for providing migration support, which includes advanced troubleshooting, architectural design, and management of overall health of services migrating into the RapidScale managed cloud. The position will be a key factor in providing a great customer experience pre & post implementation.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to clients.
- Create Low Level and High Level design of data center networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus 7K/5K/2K platforms.
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances including VMWare VeloCloud.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Provision new customers and provide onboarding assistance.
- Provide support on escalated trouble tickets when necessary.
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and improve overall performance.
- Document architectures, procedures, and processes for use by other engineers and support.
- Create documentation for helpdesk to use and remediate issues on first call.
Qualifications - Internal
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
EDUCATIONAL & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have at least 4 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices.
- Passionate, collaborative, results oriented capable of inspiring and building cross functional high performing relationships to effectively drive change while achieving established goals.
- Ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and influence others to ensure that business initiatives are achieved.
- Exceptional level of skill in both oral and written communications and the ability to effectively present ideas and information.
- Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Experience with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), as well as Trustsec desired.
- Working technical knowledge of advanced Layer 2 technologies (LISP and VXLAN)
- Knowledge of IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Understanding WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Experience with large-scale WAN deployments preferred.
- 2 or more years experience working in the WAN (Wide Area Network) is desired.
- SD-WAN (VeloCloud) implementation and migration experience desired.
- Firewall experience with managing Fortigate, Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto required.
- Certifications in CCNA or CCNP desired.
- Highly adaptable to changes in priorities and business conditions while still driving towards results.
- Experience in delivering a world class customer experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS:
All positions at Rapidscale have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.
- Employee may lift up to 20 pounds.
- Employee may need to carry up to 20 pounds (i.e. carrying laptop and other equipment).
- Employee may push/pull up to 25 pounds.
- Employee may stand up to 4 hours.
- Employee may walk up to 1.5 hours.
- Employee may need to drive 2 hours.
- Employee may perform repetitive bending up to 1 hours.
- Employee may sit up to 8 hours.
- Employee may spend up to 8 performing computer work/typing.
- Employee may spend up to 8 hours on the telephone.
- Employee may need to climb 1 flight of stairs.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.