Can be based out of Atlanta, GA or Tampa, FL
The primary responsibility of the Software QA Manager will be to lead software quality assurance in-house activities related to the quality, reliability and compliance of software solutions being implemented in Client warehouses, and to oversee and provide leadership to team of QA engineers, managing directly and indirectly. This includes providing test plan and test cases; executing the testing in functional, regression, system and performance using both manual and automation testing methodologies, and creating test reports with approving/accepting delivery from Development team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Overseeing and providing leadership to team of QA engineers, managing directly and indirectly
- Setting quality standards for the teams in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day-to-day work processes.
- Reviewing the active project portfolios and supporting the allocation of resources to meet the needs of the projects
- Defining quality standards and metrics for projects. Working with stakeholders to ensure the quality metrics are reviewed, closed and agreed upon
- Reviewing Software Scope Specification and Software Detail Design documents to create the functional test cases for assigned Client projects
- Working with Software Solution Architect to evaluate the solution design from the testing perspective
- Working with the project manager and technical team to create in-house test plans for each Client project
- Developing, tracking and executing manual/automation test cases for Client project execution.
- Coordinating with project stakeholders to execute the in-house functional, integration, regression and performance testing
- Providing testing data based on specific testing requirements and available test fixtures during software QA testing onsite/in-house as the need arises
- Managing the software lifecycle with regard to identifying, tracking, ensuring the development team is addressing and verifying the issue resolution internally, deploying the update and then verifying as necessary the Client’s satisfaction with the resolution
- Providing the test reports and metrics for distribution to software stakeholders; publishing test reports and metrics after each release/test to internal project stakeholders including technical leads, managers, and all other leads
- Prepare change request forms and coordinate the deployment of a new release software to the Client site for bug fixes or new features
- Working with client’s resources from other departments and/or Clients to transition software, controls and MHE to further phases of testing
- Preparing QA testing plans for patch releases; determining which regression scripts need to be run as part of the test and which environments the test should be run
- Executing testing in compliance with established methodologies and meeting the testing objectives defined in the project test plan or test plan for specific project phased delivery.
- Collaborating with other team members and modeling positive behaviors that champion and foster a positive, solution driven team atmosphere
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering discipline or equivalent
- 3+ years of SW QA leadership experience, managing people directly and indirectly
- 7+ years of SW QA experience
- Experience in Unix/Linux
- Experience in My SQL/Oracle database
- Experience in creating test plan, test case (test scenario), test design and related test documents
- Familiar with executing System Test, Integration Test, Functional and Non-Functional tests
- Experience in at least 1 automated testing tool like Robot Framework
- Experience in create quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Desire to pick up and learn new technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Experience working with Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Experience using a scripting language such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Experience working with an Activemq, Jboss, Oracle stack or similar technologies.
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience developing test plans and preparing test reports
- Previous experience in supply chain services
- Some experience coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience troubleshooting from system log files
- Experience leading test events
- Experience with test automation tools
- Experience leading and working closely with off shore development & QA team