Due to growth, the Electronic Warfare Division is seeking a Principal Investigator / Program Manager with successful experience in the areas of business development, capture, and program execution. We're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to work with our existing and new R&D clients, developing advanced solutions to very challenging communications systems, electronic warfare (EW), and signals intelligence (SIGINT) problems.
The successful Principal Investigator / Program Manager will need a sense of ownership of the full project lifecycle, performing:
Pre-Proposal Business Development Support: Develop innovative technical concepts and solutions for advanced systems across multiple disciplines (hardware, real-time software, signal processing, integration and test) and multiple sensor modalities. Meet with client decision makers to describe our existing capabilities and to help shape future opportunities
Proposal Support: Provide hands on technical leadership during proposals,
Program Execution: Lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to achieve program objectives on time and budget
Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
Drive all aspects of the opportunity pursuits successfully through the Win Plan process.
Lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
Interact routinely with Business Area Leads, the Division Manager, technical staff, and customers.
Brief opportunity status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process.
Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
Manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team to include multiple subcontractors
Lead the team and ensure the production and delivery of a wide array of contract deliverables.
Manage cost, schedule, and performance for a diverse set of tasks being performed by staff from multiple technical and non-technical disciplines
Work closely with the Government customers to maintain and grow our business
- Relevant MS degree in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 4+ years as a Program or Project Manager
- Demonstrated leadership of small multi-disciplinary technical teams and projects
- Experience successfully capturing and executing programs
- Experience writing technical whitepapers and proposals
- Experience in EW, SIGINT, and/or communications systems as a technical leader
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.
- MS Degree in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Experience working in a Research and Development environment
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Signal Processing Engineering