M9 Solutions is seeking an Oracle DBA to workon a government contract for a client located in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must have the ability to pass a background investigation for a Public Trust. US Citizenship is required.
- Provide day-to-day, hands-on technical support of Oracle based production and development systems, and new projects, running Oracle Applications on various platforms.
- Work as part of a technical support team delivering a quality service to multiple clients using a variety of hardware and software products.
- Oracle Server installs/upgrades/patching/maintenance.
- Diagnose performance issues and make recommendations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to pass a background investigation for a Public Trust.
- Very familiar with at least some of the following tools: Oracle EDB 11g and 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle VM Server.
- Database Administration.
- 8 - 10 years or more experience in Oracle DBA work.
- Significant experience of Oracle/SQL/MySQL database administration experience.
- Some SQL Plus and Unix Korn scripting fluency and RMAN.
- Experience must have been gained in a production environment.
- Oracle Database and Apps Administration 8, 9, 10g or higher.
- Common Knowledge of DB support tools such as Quest Foglight, etc.
- Must be willing to work evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays at reasonable request to perform production changes.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Oracle Certification is desired but not essential.
- Higher Level Qualification (e.g. degree) in a technical subject.
- Oracle 8i, 9i.
- Use of RMAN and other backup strategies.
- Experience with any of the following - Toad, Spotlight, OEM, Statspack.
- Unix Korn shell scripting.
- Familiarity with running Oracle Apps on Unix environments.
M9 Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/women/veterans/disability
With 12+ years of proven delivery and steady growth, M9 Solutions is a unique small business with credible past performance and key capabilities offering project management services, solution architects, business analysts, program managers, technical architects, and technical consultants.
M9 was recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2012. M9 Solutions believes that work should be fun, rewarding, and something everyone can be excited about. We offer a competitive compensation package and value diversity in driving the vision of the company.