The Lead Software Engineer will lead a team of Engineers as they support critical back-end Java applications as they deliver the next generation stack and enhance features of mobile applications used in our stores.
Technologies include: Java, Kotlin, Android, Spring Boot, CI/CD tools, and Microservices
The primary purpose of this role is to provide consultation and technical direction on translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs. This includes facilitating the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications. This role serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions. In addition, this role personally develops and delivers code modules, stable application systems, and integrated enterprise software solutions within various computing environments.
- Resolves complex problems spanning multiple applications to drive improvements across portfolios; leads projects with significant business implications, participates in planning and priority estimates, and advises Software Engineers; executes with limited guidance
- Leads development of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions to ensure specifications are flexible, scalable, and maintainable and meet architectural standards
- Educates others on current architectural standards and guidelines to drive efficiency when leading the design efforts of complex business and enterprise software solutions
- Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
- Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Communicates changes in software architecture and coaches' others to apply this understanding to software solutions; resolves escalated issues
- Leads efforts to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices
- Solves complex cross-functional architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Mentors and advises others, sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 7 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 6 years of experience in database technologies
- 6 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying
- development life cycles (SDLC)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 7 years of software development utilizing Java
- 6 years of working experience in Kotlin
- 6 years of experience developing Android Applications using Kotlin
- 6 years of experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment tools
- 5 years of experience developing Microservices using Java and Spring Boot
- 6 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
- 6 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
- 6 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
- 4 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- 4 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 6 years of experience working with source code control systems
- 6 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.