Top Skills Details:
1). Experience working as a full stack Dev
-Angular is required, FINRA is on 4 and moving to 8
-Spring or Spring boot, Hibernate exp
30% of front end day to day
2). AWS, our apps are currently on the cloud
-Should know EC2, ECS, Splunk, S3, and Lambda.
3). Working with stakeholders and being involved in design level discussions.
4). SQL Exp
Are you passionate about technology? Do you take pride in writing a particularly elegant function? We are looking for a well-qualified Mid-Level Java Developer to join a high-performance development team within FINRA's Business, Legal & Enterprise Systems. The candidate should be a skilled and motivated developer who stays on cutting edge of Java tech stack and strong understandings of Java best practices. The successful applicant will be involved with developing new enterprise products and maintaining existing platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and deliver high quality, highly reliable software code for new enterprise products
• Tune and refactor existing Java and Angular solutions
• Take ownership of code through the entire SDLC including development, testing, and production
• Work with QA and development team to ensure work is of the highest quality and is aligned with product standards
• Assess current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process and software improvements
• Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
• Ensure all work products meets or exceeds FINRA standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4+ year of software development or the equivalent combination of training and experience. (OR) Masters with 2 yrs.
• Hands on experience with Java in a Linux or UNIX development environment
• Solid experience with Angular and Node JS
• Hands on experience developing, implementing, testing, and deploying projects on AWS
• Experience with DevOps and Cloud related technologies
• Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
• Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & oral communication skills.
Required Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Spring stack (DI, AOP, Security, Boot, etc.)
• Design Patterns
• REST APIs
• Unit testing (JUnit, RestAssured, etc)
• DB/SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle)
• Angular, Node JS