Looking for a Senior Software Engineer (iOS) who has the ability to re-imagine and flesh out our client's mobile experiences across various iOS devices. The team this is working on is focused on building the next generation point of sale software for small business through simple, intuitive interfaces and powerful analytics. You'll be an early member of small close-knit team that is leading a mission to help merchants run their business better. responsible for the development and application of the next generation of software.
The primary responsibility of this role will be hands on coding. Candidates who apply need to have an extensive amount of iOS development experience including programming experience with Swift OR Kotlin/Java. Candidates also need excellent problem solving skills, a strong work ethic, and fantastic communication skills
This is a long term contract and can be 100% remote. Relocation to Atlanta, GA is preferred, not required.
- Designs and develops mobile applications across all iOS devices
- Collaborates closely with our product, design, and server engineers
- Utilize your experience and judgement to make the system scalable and performant
- Defines and documents the designs for applications and enhancements.
- Creates, reviews, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple projects. Identifies opportunities to improve testing process.
- Assists with design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution.
- Develops high level program specifications. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Assists technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical problems. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents design for data, workflow, logical processes, and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external.
- Supervises monitoring of existing application systems operating efficiency. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the business needs driving projects. May be key point of contact for business line.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing iOS or Android native for mobile phones, and tablets
- Strong Experience in native iOS or Android frameworks (API, unit testing, deployment, etc.)
- Excellent programming skills in Swift OR Kotlin/Java
- Familiar with MVVM pattern, data structures with solid OOP
- Experience with iOS or Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
- Strong object oriented programming, design skills, and computer science fundamentals
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native and server-side components
- Utilizes technical expertise and leadership skills to resolve issues, ensure product goals are met, and serve as a mentor to coach and support junior engineers to continue to raise the engineering bar across the organization.
- Works to drive both high level and detailed technical designs, conducts technical reviews and define solution requirements and technical implementation approaches.
- Proficient understanding of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices.
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills.
To apply directly, please email
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or