Information Technology Strategies (IT-Strat) is in need of a Database Administrator to join the team we are forming to perform Enterprise Database hardware and software administration and support.
Client Agency is DLA (branch of DoD).
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen with an ACTIVE IT I / SECRET / TOP SECRET Clearance. We offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Summary of the project:
Team will provide:
- Security and system administration of various Enterprise Database platforms.
- Support for Enterprise Database infrastructure.
- Database Administration infrastructure, i.e., Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET).
- Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) networks that support Enterprise Database Infrastructure related operations.
- Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Continuance of Operation Plans (COOP).
Purpose of the position:
- Provide all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Project long range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Design, create, and maintain databases in a client/server environment.
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advise users on access to various client/server databases.
- Design, implement, and maintain complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Apply knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /backend programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Perform database programming and supports systems design.
- Include maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
Requirements for the position:
- Active IT I clearance or active secret clearance or above.
- 8570 Certification: Security+ or similar.
- One or more of these computing environment certifications: OCP 12c or higher ; OCM18; GSOC; DB2; MCITP DBA; MCITP DBD; MCM; MCA; MS SQL Server; MCSE:DP; MCSM:DP; M2012 SQL; Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional (OCP) 19; OCM18; DB2; MCSE:SQL Server; MCSA: SQL Server, Azure Database Associate or higher.
- 5+ years progressive experience of database query languages such as Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, MS-SQL
- 3+ years hands-on experience and expertise in Relational Database Management Systems.
- Ability to work on various operating systems and additional programming languages.
- Experience in at least two projects in a large organization responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer database.
- Oral presentation experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
IT-Strat, www.it-strat.com, provides superior IT Services to public and private sector clients including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). IT-Strat is a certified Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and Minority-owned firm.
Information Technology Strategies (“IT-Strat”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it’s our policy to consider applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, or any other factors prohibited by law. Employment selections are based on company and client requirements and the qualifications and skills of the candidate. IT-Strat is committed to actively capitalizing on the diversity of skills, talents and perspectives of our employees.
Sponsorship will not be provided.