Long term contract
SUMMARY We are looking for an experienced hands-on Software Engineer in our Core Brokerage group who will lead the technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing of various initiatives. The role expects significant engineering knowledge in complex server-side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in architect, designing and shipping the product RESPONSIBILITIES • Act as a senior contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver value.
• Develop business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
• Utilize innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products.
• Manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities. Projects will involve working with offshore team members who work from different locations.
• Carry out the analysis of requirements, interact with product and business counterparts, mentor junior members in the team, conduct full lifecycle application development.
• Utilize object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD), perform software modeling and simulation, build proof of concept with newer technologies and maintain code quality. REQUIREMENTS • 5-8 years of solid, software engineering experience
• Completely hands-on with 5+ years of experience in C or C++
• 3+ years of experience in Perl & Shell Script on Unix/Linux platform.
• Good knowledge in relational database (Sybase/ Oracle), SQL's and store procedures.
• Experience in Java, Spring, J2EE related technologies, Web Services API Design, protocols such as REST, SOAP is a definite plus.
• Good understanding of AWS, cloud-based deployments, continuous build and integration pipelines
• Ability to use version control software such as GIT and other continuous development tools such as eflow, jenkins, etc.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creative thinker, self-starter, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in development of highly efficient real-time distributed software systems desired
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and ability to work with geographically dispersed cross functional teams.
• Experience in financial domain is a plus