< class="title">Systems Engineer- DevOps
Founded in 1996, FlexTrade Systems is the global leader in high performance, multi asset order and execution management solutions.
FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that enabled clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
Our worldwide client base spans more than 175 buy-side and sell-side institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists, who work hand-in-hand with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
We are looking for an amazing Engineer with a passion for automation and configuration as well as experience in architecture to join our Team. The successful applicant will have experience in working closely with development, support and implementation teams to identify needs and areas for potential improvement. They will be expected to architect and implement solutions to these that are suitable for a global SaaS environment; working with other teams within the wider SaaS Operations team as needed. This will all be with a DevOps mindset of removing barriers and promoting self-enablement wherever possible. This may include implement an automation of deployments across our datacenters or the cloud, improve monitoring or updating Kubernetes to the latest versions.
In addition, this role will be helping, along with the wider SaaS Operations team, to keep our infrastructure up and running for our external and internal clients.
· Be the point of contact for all teams looking for technical advice or solutions
· Remove inefficiencies in the way we use (or don’t use (yet)) technology to drive value for the business.
· Use modern principles such as IaC, CI/CD and config management (puppet/ansible) to improve the way we work
· Work with stakeholders to architect, design, implement and document solutions for the use and optimization of our Infrastructure
· Become a subject matter expert on the application and infrastructure interfaces for other team members and teams
· Research and conduct projects for new technical application initiatives
· Identifying current and emerging technology trends and translating these to potential FlexTrade uses
· Diagnosing & resolving production issues · Take part in rota and on-call coverage for the live running of the FlexTrade environments covering multiple areas
· Experience in architecting complex, highly available SaaS solutions in a demanding environment and maintain them
· Strong experience of analyzing existing systems and workflows, identifying potential improvements and implementing
· CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Gitlab(-CI)
· Container ecosystems (brownie points for k8s)
· Understanding of L2/L3 networking
· Everything as Code mentality
· Scripting/coding experience in languages such as Bash or Python
· Configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
· Monitoring tools, for example SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, Prometheus etc.
· Utilizing and extending log management tools, for example Elk Stack or GrayLog
· Experience with Windows Server, Citrix, VMware and the Cloud
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**