M9 Solutions is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to work remotely on a government contract for a client located in the Washington, DC area. Must have the ability to pass a background investigation for a Public Trust. An active Security Clearance is preferred. US Citizenship is required.
- Day-to-day activities include working with customer teams, lab innovations, operations and maintenance, and supporting current tasks and activities.
- Specialize in configuring Cloud Service Management to collect and store Asset Management (AM) data and work on providing solutions to integrate, extract, transform, and enrich data from relevant Cloud SaaS and PaaS security tools and services to support Program data requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to understand SOW requirements, priorities, and work package objectives to ensure work supports the architecture and design of capabilities, data requirements, and direction of the overall solution. This includes participation in Planning, Backlog refinement and prioritization, and Retrospectives.
- Participate in the full life cycle of activities, including testing and deployment efforts to ensure Product success and follow all established processes and standards.
- Identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate a client's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions.
- Identify and design solutions to leverage Cloud SaaS and PaaS Cloud services to enable and enhance Program integration and data ingestion.
- Support critical tool functions including maintenance, patch identification and publication, and upgrades, APIs and develop documentation (SOPs, best practice guidance).
- Maintain responsibility for scheduling periodic reports, addressing audit findings, remediate defects, and implement security controls.
- Work closely with Product Owner to prioritize daily tasks and provide end of day status.
- Continuously improve customers' security deployments, develop innovative enhancements, and integrate new technologies and services.
- Participate in technical meetings with stakeholders and customers' technical specialists.
- Support Program delivery and mission objectives to achieve data requirements.
- Apply your knowledge to improve capabilities and develop best practice guidance to achieve acceptable quality limits (AQL) and raise the maturity levels.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must have the ability to pass a background investigation for a Public Trust.
- This is a senior position and requires multiple years of relevant experience.
- Ability to consult, support, and mentor client stakeholders for all upgrades, deployments, and production operations.
- Practical, "field" experience with designing, configuring, implementing, and administering cloud and cloud security solutions.
- Extensive experience working with clients to provide design & architectural guidance and best practice recommendations for safe design, cloud security, access control policies, and other related security requirements or needs.
- Experience implementing Windows and Unix operating systems, and applications in cloud, on-premises, and virtualized infrastructure.
- Experience implementing and managing Azure AD or AWS Directory Service for cloud-based identity management and federation.
- Experience implementing virtual networking, VNETs, Subnets, NSG rules.
- Experience developing Windows PowerShell, Unix shell, automation scripts, CLI usage.
- Experience implementing Windows credential stores, Microsoft Certificate Authority, PKI, Keystores, SSL certificates.
- Ability to author and maintain Architecture and Design, Configuration, Deployment, and Run Book documents and respective iterations.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related technical experience in development and production support, with a minimum of 3 years of experience implementing and administering cloud computing, cloud security, and virtualized solutions in an enterprise setting.
- Intermediate or higher experience level with all Requirements and Dependencies of the Product; to include the Operating system and other software applications as required.
- Cloud relevant advance certification(s): Azure, AWS, VMWare.
- It is expected that you work with minimal supervision, are a self-starter with strong technical skills and capable of defining and managing your individual tasks and have strong communication skills for partnering and communicating across internal teams to maximize efficiency and success of assigned tasks.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Active security clearance is preferred.
- Programming languages and APIs: Python, JSON, REST, SOAP.
- Experience using automation tools developing Ansible playbooks.
- Experience implementing Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solutions.
- Experience developing and implementing STIGs and other vendor-provided hardening guidance.
- Experience implementing Endpoint Detection and Response, Identity and Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, or Unified Endpoint Management, Zero Trust, or Containerization technologies.
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating Cloud virtual and on-premises networking and infrastructure.
- Subject matter expertise with one or more security tools (CiscoISE, Forescout, McAfee ePO, Carbon Black, Tanium, Axonius, Splunk, ServiceNow, Tripwire, Elastic, Kubernetes, Docker, or scalable technologies).
- Cloud architect certification: Azure, AWS.
- Security certifications: CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, including GitLab, Jenkins, JFrog, Jira, or Confluence.
M9 Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/women/veterans/disability
With 12+ years of proven delivery and steady growth, M9 Solutions is a unique small business with credible past performance and key capabilities offering project management services, solution architects, business analysts, program managers, technical architects, and technical consultants.
M9 was recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2012. M9 Solutions believes that work should be fun, rewarding, and something everyone can be excited about. We offer a competitive compensation package and value diversity in driving the vision of the company.