What We'll Bring:
Our Technology Transformation and Network Engineering team is an energized group of highly skilled members who are mobilizing to lead TransUnion's journey to the cloud. To support this journey, we seek an equally energized and highly skilled engineer to be at the vanguard.
Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius. TransUnion is a work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years of prior experience in networking engineering, automation engineering, systems administration, or development roles where automation and/or development have been your primary focus.
- Hands-on deployment/implementation experience in building AWS cloud foundations to support production-scale workloads.
- At least 2 years of development experience with Amazon Web Services
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) regardless of audience.
- Working knowledge and experience in Ansible or similar automation technologies.
- Experience in developing software using API calls, microservices, serverless compute
- Working knowledge of OpenStack, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Python, Perl, Java, and bash scripting
- Exposure developing automated deployment scripts and tools for system provisioning and configuration with a strong preference for applying those scripts and tools against networking equipment (routers, switches, wireless controllers, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, etc...)
- Working knowledge of a breadth of Infrastructure technologies (server, storage, clustering, etc...) with a preference for network and security.
We'd love to see:
- Experience in F5 load balancing, InfoBlox DNS and Cisco Firewalls and Routers.
- Hands on experience building large scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications, big data and analytics workloads
- Graduate degree in STEM field
- Familiarity with other external cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Experience developing APIs
- Hands on experience with Ansible/Puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Experience with software defined everything using CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CICD pipelines
- Development within a hybrid cloud environment
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment
Impact You'll Make:
• You'll work with a team of engineers focused on building and maintaining the foundational network elements/components of our hybrid cloud implementation as part of TransUnion's technology transformation.
• You'll participate in the Agile planning for the Cloud Networking team as part of the broader Cloud Foundation project.
• You'll collaborate with managers, application developers, infrastructure engineers, application/infrastructure architects, and operations staff in support of the above and solve real business problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Lead Engineer, Network Engineering