Vanguard has a requirement for a versatile, experienced hands-on Web Developer to play a key part in the ongoing development of web platforms for the UK business.
You will be developing web applications using some of latest technologies available on the web including Angular 10+, GraphQl and NestJs hosted natively within AWS. Any experience of Java / integration to internal and external API's would be a strong advantage.
This new team being built will have a very high profile in the UK business. The team will be small but elite so you will need to thrive on freedom, trust and responsibility while being highly accountable. You should be a highly skilled engineer who also has strong organizational and people skills, and someone who is passionate about providing a first class online experience to our customers.
Duties and responsibilities (General)
- Strong technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with both business users and developers
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and excellent problem-solving skills
- Be part of a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the business
- Support business case development by helping to size implementation effort and cost
- Build expertise around best-practice solution design and implementation
- Comply with compliance, accessibility, code and documentation standards
- Understand / review functional specifications and translate into development specifications
- Liaise with end users for user acceptance testing
- Carry out 3rd Line support on production issues
- Report on progress to the project manager, escalating issues promptly
- Comply with any audit requirements
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party providers as required
- Focus on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Champion a quality ethos within the constraints of the business priorities and pressures.
Duties and responsibilities (Web Developer Specific)
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project team ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process
- Be an advocate of automation, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
Knowledge & Skills
You must have:
- Experience working on enterprise Angular applications - Anything from Angular 2+
- Good knowledge of Typescript and writing well-structured code.
- Good understanding of web security standards (OWASP top 10) and web accessibility (W3C)
- Adept at working with HTML5, CSS3 and SASS, writing adaptive/responsive websites.
- Experience of end-to-end testing with Protractor or Cypress.
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- Integrating with API's
Nice to have:
- Experience with NodeJS/ NestJs/ ExpressJs
- Full stack (Angular and Java) development
- AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Experience working within fund management / investment banking (not essential though)
- BSc in computer science, computing, information technology or related field
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.