Angular Frontend Developer
Govplace is a value-added reseller and systems integrator, exclusively focused on providing the public sector with best of breed technologies, services, and solutions. Our strategic approach to partnerships is a product-selective method to ensure modernization and transformation of customer IT environments. We possess an expansive portfolio of contracting vehicles to deliver integrated product and service solutions that deliver exceptional mission results covering Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Infrastructure and Smart Security and Situational Awareness, with Automation at its core.
The success of Govplace is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people within it. Our team creates and brings market-leading, transformative technology solutions to the Federal Government, and our goal is to support them in building an exciting and profitable career by providing opportunities for professional and personal growth, competitive benefits, and work/life balance. The people at Govplace help create the culture, and we hire individuals that will thrive in our environment of innovation, collaboration, intellect, and fun.
About the Role
Govplace has an exciting opportunity for a Angular Frontend Developer to serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development, and implementation in a Windows Environment
- In-depth knowledge of the Angular framework and Angular Material
- Knowledge of creating Angular components, services, good understanding of state management and UI performance
- Creating reusable libraries, develop interactive and responsive interfaces, implement complex solutions, encouraging quality code through conducting reviews/leading tests, and applying beautiful visualizations to solutions
- Implement new features by transforming mockups into fully functional user interfaces integrated with API enabled microservice built on Springboot/Java based backend
- Demonstrated professional experience with developing SPA (Single Page Application) using a modern UI framework (Angular and Angular Material)
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs standards and specs
- Build custom reusable UI components as per the style guides and behavior specified in the UI/UX standards
- Bridge the gap between user interface design and technical implementation
- Passion for user experience and user-centric development
- Continuously research new and best coding practices
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Strong communication skills that include leading design-related conversations, ability to build and nurture good relationships and foster an environment for collaboration
- Experience with Java; Familiarity with any of the following: Springboot, Hibernate (or other ORM), JAX-RS, JSON, Swagger, Eclipse, maven, jUnit, and shell scripting
Great to Have
- Active DHS/CBP EOD or Top/Secret clearance
- Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
- DOD 8570 certification
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Spring, VMware, ETL tools, ESB, message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, VersionOne, Jira, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
Govplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.