Angular Application Developer
Govplace is a value-added reseller and systems integrator, exclusively focused on providing the public sector with best of breed technologies, services, and solutions. Our strategic approach to partnerships is a product-selective method to ensure modernization and transformation of customer IT environments. We possess an expansive portfolio of contracting vehicles to deliver integrated product and service solutions that deliver exceptional mission results covering Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Infrastructure and Smart Security and Situational Awareness, with Automation at its core.
The success of Govplace is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people within it. Our team creates and brings market-leading, transformative technology solutions to the Federal Government, and our goal is to support them in building an exciting and profitable career by providing opportunities for professional and personal growth, competitive benefits, and work/life balance. The people at Govplace help create the culture, and we hire individuals that will thrive in our environment of innovation, collaboration, intellect, and fun.
About the Role
Govplace has an exciting opportunity for a Angular Application Developer where you will serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. Responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
- Experience developing application integration with APIs and Web Services; and a working knowledge of: XML, JSON, and SAML parsing.
- Experience with Node.js, NPM for software development
- Experience with Angular Application trouble shooting and configurations.
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps and Responsive Design using Material Design. Bootstrap, or other library.
- Experience with lifecycle testing using angular frameworks for unit, regression, security, testing.
- Some Experience with Mobile development (iOS or Android OS) and Frameworks
- Experience with angular application integration with a DevOps pipeline
- Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acting independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems, or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development, and implementation in a Windows Environment
Great to Have
- Current DHS/CBP EOD or Secret/Top Secret Clearance
- Familiarity application database development with Liqibase and PostgresSQL
- AWS application development using services such as SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, Lambda, S3
- jHipster application scaffolding tool
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: Jira, Confluence
Govplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.