Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking an Android Developer for our client in the Banking domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Role: Android Developer
Primary Skills: Android
Role Description: The Android Developer must have at least 5+ years of experience. In this role, you will serve as a technical expert of a large-scale mobile development project consisting of both on-shore and off-shore developers.
As the Mobile Developer, you will work together with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Technical Managers to build native applications. You will be responsible for ensuring the team is creating functional, scalable, maintainable code utilizing existing customer patterns.
- Responsible for sound and high-quality technical deliverables.
- Analyze, quantize and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
- Understand the requirements, current state architecture of the enterprise and create roadmap for the future enhancements accordingly.
- Develop mobile application code in coordination with other team members.
- Integrate the mobile applications with the centralized authentication application.
- Create Software Architecture Document, High Level and Low Level Design document, Nonfunctional requirements for the project.
- Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
- Always be ready to be hands-on to develop or fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans, and ensure that the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
- Groom the team and develop the application with customer centric ideas and innovation as the core of every activity help the team attain a benchmark within the organization for others to follow and achieve.
- Escalate issues and concerns to the Teal Lead in a timely manner to avoid impacts to timelines.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with mobile development.
- 3+ years of experience in Android development.
- 4+ years of experience in Rest APIs.
- Experience working with tools like Git, Maven, JFrog, uDeploy.Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
- Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is a must.
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
- Strong Shell scripting experience.
- Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
- Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
- Strong agile/scrum development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of Mobile Dev Android experience - 9 - Proficiency Level
- 4+ years of REST API experience - 8 - Proficiency Level
- 1+ years of Microservices experience - 8 - Proficiency Level
- 3+ years of Java experience - 7 - Proficiency Level
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Abdul Ashim
Recruiter Phone(Ext: 2187)/
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None