Full Stack Lead with Java and Angular
Experience Level: 7+
Azuga is a global leader in the connected vehicle space serving commercial fleets, insurance
companies, governments, and the automotive ecosystem. Azuga is backed by Sumeru Equity
Partners, and by Danlaw, Inc, a company with 35 years of experience in automotive.
We are shaping the industry with digital & scalable innovations created with new-age
technologies. Our team is specialized in building high-performing, enterprise-grade,
customer-focused IoT applications. Our endeavor is to create a world-class experience for our
external customers and a fast-tracking growth trajectory for our Azuga engineers.
For more details, visit www.azuga.com
What we are seeking
A full-stack Lead in Azuga would emanate a culture of innovation using new technologies, new
ideas that enhance the customer experience and direct a growth culture for our Software
You will be spearheading a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications,
responsible for development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle,
from concept and design to testing. Your work will span the full-stack, from cutting edge front
end work, to middleware, and backend.
1. Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
2. 5+ years of professional experience in software development, in a product company.
3. Experience in applying Computer Science fundamentals in software development via
object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and
4. Experience with relational databases, ORM frameworks, and NoSQL systems.
5. Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Python,
Go, etc. for the backend.
NodeJS, ReactJS. Using Express & Node as middleware would be a plus.
7. Experience designing and implementing web services that are reliable, performant, have
high throughput, low latency, and are scalable.
8. Working experience in spring, hibernate, microservices
9. Experience in the best software engineering practices for the full software development
life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations.
10. Willingness to learn new technical stacks and solution approaches for the full-stack web
application development process.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
1. Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers.
2. Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
3. Experience in communicating with users, product managers, other technical teams, and
senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features,
technical designs, and product strategy.
4. Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them
more effective, product software engineers.
5. Hands-on expertise in full-stack engineering: i.e. many disparate technologies, typically
ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.
6. Experience with the AWS suite of cloud development tools (EC2, RDS, etc.).
7. Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management,
Transaction management etc.).
8. Experience in developing end to end web applications using at least one popular web
framework (JSF, jQuery, Spring MVC, React, Angular, Node, Express).
9. Experience in location-based / GPS application development is highly desirable.
10. Experience in Serverless / Function-as-a-Service would be good.