What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health:
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
This position will be responsible for assuming the development duties of Java based applications with a significant number of integration points into a variety of backend systems. The right candidate, with 5-8yrs of experience , will be a technical developer for applications that rely heavily on Spring/J2EE frameworks with experience developing on both the frontend and backend systems (Full Stack) . The ideal candidate will possess a wide variety of technical experience as well as the ability to function in a corporate environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- They must be able to learn quickly and take the initiative to identify and solve problems.
- They must have a proven background in developing applications in Spring Framework
- Experience working in Relational Databases (Postgres, DB2, MSSQL, etc)
- Unit Testing experience with Junit, Mockito or similar
- Angular Development Experience is a plus
- Work closely with internal team and technical lead on implementation of design.
- Follow Cardinal SDLC
- Work effectively within large, matrixed project teams.
- Collaborate with internal peers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Spring Framework/J2EE
- Java Script
- PCF Experience is a plus
- GCP Experience/Certification is a plus
- Experience with Concourse or CI/CD tools are a plus
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.