About the Company
Delta Air Lines is one of the worlds largest global airlines, helping more than 180 million travelers get to the places they want to go to each year. It is a leader in products, services, innovation, reliability, and customer experience in the aviation industry. In 2018, Delta was named to Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the seventh time in eight years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented seven consecutive years. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 309 destinations in 53 countries on six continents.
About Delta Global Technology Hub
Delta has fast emerged as a customer-oriented, innovation-led, technology-driven business. The Global Technology Hub will contribute directly to these objectives. It is expected to sustain our long-term aspirations of delivering niche, IP-intensive, high-value, and innovative solutions. It will align into the IT organization of Delta - an integral part of our transformation agenda, working seamlessly with business units in the US to create memorable experiences for customers. Why Join?
- At Delta Air Lines, technology is a key differentiator of services. At the hub, you get the opportunity to work on projects with a significant impact on business outcomes and customer experience.
- Steepen your learning curve by taking part in multifaceted learning and development programs – Exposure to extensive internal and partner repositories, institutional affiliations, and industry SIG (Special Interest Groups) partnerships
- Build Collaborate with research, innovation & IP co-development partners
- Immerse yourself in an employee-centric culture
- Develop deep and broad business acumen on airline operations while retaining focus on cutting-edge IT solutions.
- Experience working in global product development ecosystem (through travel & distributed agile delivery)
- Avail a full range of benefits that support you and your family: Insurance, Commute, Meals, and Retirement.
- The role is required to leverage Service Oriented Architecture Integration Design Patterns and provide insight into establishing, consuming & routing messages, connectivity protocols and policy.
- Responsible for enabling Delta API strategy in the Digital Channels space.
- Responsible for developing scalable payment api/gateway infrastructure
- Support build out of robust backend systems supporting n-tier integrations
- Develop amazingly efficient and effective software using Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, RESTFul APIs, Apigee, JBOSS, Oracle for Amazon Cloud/OpenShift platform
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with PCI rules and regulations
- Developer will also be responsible for mentoring Junior Developers on the team.
- Should support deployments
- Ensure that the Delta methodology, standards and procedures with strong CICD footprint are adopted and implemented.
- Ensure that the technical solutions meet the customers' business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Consult and collaborate within project team and other Delta teams, to ensure project or product integrity
- The Developer position requires a BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field.
- 3+ years of software and development experience with a minimum and 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Services and Integration Technologies supporting payments platforms.
- Hands on experience in Java development in a high volume transactional environment.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, TDD.
- Knowledgeable in Java internals, JVM tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience working on Spring Boot Framework, Microservices, RESTful APIs, Apigee, JBOSS or other containers, Oracle/SQL.
- Understanding of Object modeling and deciphering custom and vendor supplied schemas.
- Experience with large scale load balanced physical architectures to support consumer facing websites.
- Knowledge of secure coding and PCI standards.
- Experience with source control, build tools.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT(github, Bitbucket or other.),
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Candidate must be solutions oriented using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probing all sources for answers.
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results.
- Finally Candidate has to be Reliable, produce quality work, take pride and ownership in their work with high level of professionalism, passion and a sense of urgency to make things happen
- DevOps experience/knowledge is a must
- payments and api development a must
- Functional knowledge of the payment gateway IT processes
- AWS is a big plus
- An eye for detail
A BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field Minimum Experience
3+ years of software and development experience with hands-on experience working with Services and Integration Technologies supporting payments platforms