Remote working is the new norm. It's not just for pandemics. Do you want to avoid a daily commute, reduce stress, achieve work-life balance, spend more time with your family/friends, be more creative and improve your productivity? At RemoteStar, we follow a remote-first work policy. If you're passionate about working from wherever you want, helping leading start-ups and scale-ups, RemoteStar can be a great fit. At RemoteStar we help both employers and employees to build a great remote-team culture, reduce overheads and improve productivity while doing very cool work.
About Role - Remote Senior FrontEnd Developer
A London-based Start-up is building an innovative and disruptive digital health platform. This is a fully remote role and requires fluency in written and verbal English.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO based in Cambridge, UK. As Senior FrontEnd Developer, you'll participate in all development aspects of the solution. Your mission will be to drive the progress of the web application and the development team while providing the best user experience imaginable. This is a full-time permanent role for a true self-starter, someone who wants to build something from the beginning.
This is a full-time permanent role for a true self-starter, someone who wants to build something with a world-class team.
As our Senior Frontend Developer you will:
- You'll help shape the product by leading the overall design and development of the technical solution, owning the technical strategy and how it evolves
- Designing and developing user interfaces using React best practices,
- Developing Front end application code and unit tests in React along with Service Layer
- Shine with engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Research on new frameworks for improving the architecture
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews)
- Actively communicate with the stakeholders, team members, and clients
What do we value
- Proficiency with ReactJS and its libraries
- Good to have Node experience
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, regarding business logic as well as the file system
- Hand on and implements complex ReactJS applications, directives, controllers, services
- Expertise in writing and consuming web services,
- Good to have, knowledge in Cloud services
- Ability to quickly script a working solution for a given problem.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A results-focused mindset.
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, remote-team environment.
- Great English communication skills as well as collaboration skills and strong teamwork. mentality. You must be fluent in English.
- Able to proactively communicate with non-technical stakeholders, manage expectations, and explain the value of addressing technical debt.
What do we offer?
- Participate in open, fun, entrepreneurial, and creative company culture and work with unique and innovative clients.
- Be part of a global, distributed organization with international opportunities.
- Work from the location of your choice with remote and flexible working we trust you to work whenever and wherever you feel most productive.
- Competitive compensation.
- Project and feature ownership you get to contribute and own parts of apps and/or products.
- Unlimited annual leave; we do our best work when were feeling refreshed so take the time you need to relax!
- Found a great book, meetup, or conference? We support your continued learning!
- Its important to stay healthy, so we have a wellness benefit towards your total health.
- BYOD You are welcome to work from your own choice of laptop and we will contribute towards that.