We are having an opportunity for a Data Base Architect for our organization, below mentioned is the Company Description and Job Description.
Job Location is: Noida/Bangalore/Mumbai
Share your resume on : firstname.lastname@example.org along with the subject line - Data Base Architect
Infogain is a global business oriented IT consulting provider of front-end, customer-facing technologies, processes and applications, leading to a more efficient and streamlined customer experience for enterprises in the US, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and India. Offering solutions for the high-tech, retail, insurance and travel & hospitality verticals, Infogain specializes in digital transformation, ERP, CRM, software product engineering, knowledge management, cloud services, and mobility. Infogain has strong partnerships with industry leaders including Microsoft, Oracle and Salesforce. Headquartered in Californias Silicon Valley, Infogain has close to 5,000 employees providing consulting, technology and digital transformation services to clients around the globe.
Roles and Responsibilities
In your role, you will be charged with designing data strategy around data lifecycle including collection, storage, processing and pushing it to other meaningful systems.
You will be collaborating with business and technical staff to engage in analysis and design exercise with existing clients and prospects.
You are expected to be customer-facing, hands-on, advanced database technologist with a track record of success.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and become a trusted advisor to our customers
- Provide consultation on appropriate use of database technologies
- Work closely with account managers, sales personnel to assess technology needs of prospects and participate in proposing optimum solutions across collect, store and push to other downstream systems
- Lead design and prototyping efforts to demonstrate the value of your proposed solutions
- Define solution / project scope, estimates and delivery team structure
- Design and assist in migration of data to chosen platform including cloud hosted databases
- Work with existing clients to analyze current data architecture and recommend to-be state
- Design and assist in migrating data to Data lakes and Data warehouse
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to implementation teams
- 7-10 years of IT experience including 3-5 years of database architecture experience
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
- Conceptual, logical data models and physical database design using tools like Erwin, PGAdmin, Visio, UML
- Hands on experience in SQL and procedural languages (i.e. PL/SQL, T-Sql, PL/PgSql)
- Data warehouse ETL processes, data quality and data cleansing with tools like Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, Talent
- Data migration - Homogenous and heterogeneous e.g. Oracle to PostgreSQL with tools like Goldendale, Ora2PG, IBM Info sphere
- Database backup (physical and logical) and recovery strategies
- High availability and disaster recovery principle i.e. physical and logical standby databases, server clustering, mirroring, replication, sharding
- Performance tuning i.e. database initialization parameter tuning, database tuning, query and Pl/Sql tuning
- Database security, database hardening, data encryption at rest and at fly
- Implementing normalized and deformalized star and snowflake schema.
- Choosing between RDBMS and NoSQL
- Architecture experience with at least two RDBMS engines Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Architecture experience with at least one NoSQL engines MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Pouch DB, HBase, Memcache, Orient DB
- Experience with data migration strategies for heterogeneous and cloud migration
- Experience leading software engineering teams (e.g. setting technical direction, mentoring junior engineers, etc.)
- Presales process including requirement clarification, RFP, RFQ, RFI
- Leading customer workshop sessions to educate customer on best practices
- Story telling skills in form of presentation, blogs, white papers
- Architecture experience with at least one cloud database Google Cloud Big Query, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, Azure SQL, AWS DynamoDB, Hosted MongoDB
- Cloud Big data certifications such as Google Data Engineer, AWS Big data specialization
- Knowledge on database storage stripping and mirroring for performance and high availability.
- Knowledge on operating system (Unix/ Windows) best practices for optimization of database performance.
Desired Candidate Profile
Good communication skills
Can join within a month or in 15-20 days
Please share your resume on : email@example.com