1. Responsible for translating design documentation and motion concepts into fully functional web applications.
2. Responsible for coding and testing web applications as well as maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing web applications.
3. Creative problem-solving abilities are needed in approaching developmental tasks.
4. Works effectively with members from different departments and works very closely with members of geographically dispersed teams to meet development deadlines.
5. Manages priorities and tasks according to implementation/maintenance plans.
6. Debug and resolve reported issues.
7. Occasional travel for training, meetings, or trade shows may be required.
Education and Experience:
Experience with HTML as well as familiarity with relational database queries (Microsoft SQL) required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Helpful Training:
- Knowledgeable about web standards, W3C specifications, and cross-browser/cross-platform/cross-device compatibility.
- Familiarity with OOP programming methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Individuals must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn new toolsets and contribute to a team environment.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance, Java, Borland Delphi (Object Pascal), Software Version Control, Advanced MS Excel, TCP/IP Networking, VOIP, Firewalls and Routers.
-Knowledge of basic insurance business rules would be a big plus.