We are looking for an experienced Java Team Lead to be responsible for providing solutions for technical issues which may affect the delivery of our products. In this role, you will facilitate requirement analyses, conduct peer reviews and provide feedback, and enhance frameworks.
As a Java Team Lead, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies. Additionally, you should have good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
• Directly supervise team members with daily regular interactions, including managing the team s workload.
• Lead user's requirements collection, review, and analysis.
• Participate in system specifications development and documentation.
• Lead the application s system architecture definition.
• Identify risks and conduct mitigation action planning.
• Provide development activities estimates as input to the project plans.
• Participate in software systems development, installation, and integration.
• Review other developers' work and provide feedback.
• Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software codes according to the best practices of the industry, as well as those defined by the group.
• Work with Technical Support and Quality Assurance teams in defining test cases and to help in resolving technical issues.
• Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
• Develop technical documentation for installation, operation, and maintenance of Eastnets products.
• Prepare reports on development activities status.
• Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for Eastnets products.
• Research and evaluate different technologies and solutions.
• Perform/manage POCs and make technical recommendations.
• Test and evaluate new technologies, recommend and participate in developing enhancements for existing systems.
• Provide 3rd and 4 level application support to resolve customer issues within the scope of Eastnets products.
• Create and develop tools for internal or external use that will add value to Eastnets products.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
• Degree, Diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant Engineering field.
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT Software Development - Java/J2EE programming languages.
• 3+ years of experience in leading a team of developers.
• Good knowledge of OO analysis and design.
• Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSF/JSP, EJB, Servlets, Webservices, Spring, and Hibernate.
• Experience with message brokers such as Kafka.
• Experience in Microservices architecture.
• Extensive experience in developing RDBMS-based applications; Oracle, MS SQL, or IBM DB2.
• Experience in securing APIs using OAuth, SAML, OpenID Connect, etc.
• Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
• Experience in software source control and continuous integration tools.
• Experience in Reporting engines such as Jasper.
• Experience in designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud-based solutions on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
• Working knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
• Knowledge of Windows or Unix shell scripting is a plus.
• Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML, or compliance is a major plus.