Participates as a member of development team.
• Completes development of units with designs prepared by more senior developers.
• Participates in code reviews. Prepares and executes unit tests.
• Applies growing technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Web- site Development).
• May perform unit design.
• Applies company and 3rd party technologies to software solutions of moderate complexity.
• Configures end-user or enterprise systems designed by more senior technologists.
Education and Experience Required:
• Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• 2 or more years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
• Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
• Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
• Basic understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
• Basic understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting, and testing methodologies.
• Experience using (or an understanding of the use of) an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
• Understanding of basic Database Administration.
• Understanding of quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication skills.